St Paul’s is situated in Hade Ave. It is close to the highway entrance on the Phillip Island side of Bass. Access from the higway is the second entrance coming from Melbourne and the first entrance coming from Wonthaggi/Phillip Island .
The land upon which St Paul’s Church stands, was formerly Crown Land set aside by the Government in 1865 for a Church of England.
The building itself was not constructed until 1878; the reason for the delay being lack of finance and the fact that Church Services were being held in the school building which was built in 1866.
The first regular services were recorded in 1874. Records of St Peter’s Mornington show that a Mr R Shekleton was a Reader at French and Phillip Islands with Bass on 27th February 1874.
The “Vicerage”was built next door in 1933.
The Vestry was added in 1939